How to access Wi-Fi passwords saved in Android
Sometimes you may forget your Wi-Fi password and need to connect a second device to it, or want to share the password with any guest visiting you in your home, or you may want to change it, but the problem is that after you connect to the network you cannot access the password on phones Android.
When you connect to any Wi-Fi network, your phone automatically saves the settings of this network, including the password to facilitate access to this network in the future, but the problem appears when you want to access the password of one of the networks that you connected to, as the Android system does not provide Direct way to it.
Luckily; Google has facilitated the Android 10 system, or any latest version, to access the passwords of Wi-Fi networks saved in your phone directly from the settings, and quickly share them with others through the QR Code.
But if you are using the Android 9 operating system or earlier, you will not be able to access the passwords of Wi-Fi networks that your previous phone connected to except by using an external application that allows you to do so, but there are a lot of these applications that require a process (broken Rooting, which is not recommended for security.
Below we will review how to securely access Wi-Fi passwords saved in your Android phone:
First, on Android 10:
- Go settings in Android phone.
- Click Network & internet.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Scroll down to the "Saved Networks" option. Click on it, you will see a list of all the Wi-Fi networks saved in your phone.
- Click the name of the network whose password you want to access.
- You will see a list of the network details, click on Share.
- You will see a request to verify your identity with a PIN or a fingerprint; To generate a QR code using the Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Once your identity is verified, you will see a QR code on your phone screen, anyone can scan it with their phone's camera to connect to the Wi-Fi automatically, without having to enter the network name or password.
- You will also find the password listed in plain text under the QR code, so you can copy it if you like.
Secondly; In Android 9 system:
If your phone is running Android 9 or earlier, the only way to view passwords for saved Wi-Fi networks is: Use an external application.
Click on the app name to download 👉
1- (WiFi Password) application:
(WiFi Password) application allows you to access the saved Wi-Fi passwords easily, by specifying the network name and sharing any of them, and the application also checks the security of the network you are trying to connect to.
2- Wifi Password Recovery
(Wifi Password Recovery) application allows you to access the data of Wi-Fi networks that your phone previously connected to, including passwords, and you can easily share this data with others.